Monday, October 6, 2008

First Fire of the year

The last few nights have gotten pretty cold and in turn my house gets cold and does not warm up easily. So we decided it was time to move the couch (it was in front of the fireplace) and start our first fire. It was awesome. It warmed up so nice and then by bed time, I would say it was hot in the family room. Last night it didn't get as cold and today is supposed to be nice so I have all the windows open. I love the fall breeze, cool but not cold and so fresh. I love the fall. I love to layer my clothes, I love getting ready for winter. I love fall colors. I love seeing the leafs change colors. I love the smell of fall. I have a cinnamon vanilla Scentsy Candle (shameless plug) burning right now and I love it!
On another note, little K is sick :( She had a fever all day yesterday. It was obvious that she was not feeling well because she actually sat on my lap and watched part of conference with me. She sat still! I couldn't believe it. I loved it, but felt bad that she was not feeling well. My little girl only needs the little excuse to not sleep well and last night was no exception. She was up every 90 mins on the dot. So I finally just took her downstairs and we slept on the couch together. It was a rough night but I think that she is feeling a little better today. Hopefully she will eat better and sleep better today. Did I mention that her naps consisted of only 2 30 cat naps....

Hope you are all enjoying the fall and if you need some fall scents, I am putting in a couple of orders this week so let me know!

2 comments:

dancin' momma said...

I totally want to order! Let me know when little K feels better and we'll be over!

JCLS said...

So Cassie-We had a first for the year today too......A MOUSE! And it completely made me think of you and the story you told us about your kitchen episode. I am locked in our office and Jason is trying to chase it around the house. I just heard him run down the stairs....hopefully he got it...have to run bye.