The dreaded words from the doctor this morning. " Yes, it is a typical case of pink eye - in both eyes."
After another horrifically long night, Little K's cold is getting better but her eyes are much more red and very swollen. I gave in and took her to the doctor ( I knew what he was going to say). I am so bummed out that she has pink eye. Not only does it suck for her because of the constant gunk oozing out and the swollen eyes and the nagging mom that is constantly wiping the gunk away and now the drops that I have to pin her down to put in her eyes 3 times a day, but NOW I get to wash all the sheets and pillows in our bed and hers, sanitize her bed, high chair and car seat and of course all her toys. Don't have pity on me, this is all stuff that I needed to do anyway and have been neglecting to do as often as I should. but for sure I DON'T want any other kids getting this, it is no fun. Unfortunately, our best friend who was over last week (see below post)went to the doctor this morning as well and has it too. I have pictures of her little puffy eyes that I will add later, they are on the other computer.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry!! Pink eye is the absolute worst. We'll miss you at story hour tomorrow!
Yuck! I hate dealing with pink eye! My kids didn't get it until they started school, but now since we have had it we are SO MUCH MORE susceptible to it. I frankly get it the worst. Good luck! Don't touch your eye! :) Go wash! :) sorry, I know now that your thinking about it your eye itches! mine do.
Post a Comment